Monday, December 1, 2008

Stuck.

29th November, Saturday evening:
So here I am stuck in Perth Domestic airport, freezing my ass off; bored to death for 5 friggin’ hours.

So what happened? My flight from Singapore to Perth was delayed for an hour and everything just snowballed. So instead of a comfortable one hour transfer from the International Airport in Perth to its Domestic Airport, I came to the latter, just in time... in time to see my plane take off.

It wasn’t my fault but it was the airline’s. So I got myself a free hearty dinner at the domestic airport but still had to wait for a much later flight. Instead of the 6pm one, I am taking the 11.30pm one. Dammit... I was supposed to be in Melbourne by 11.30! Now I would reach there at 5am!

Sorry Rowds and Ruzi, having to pick me up at that ungodly hour!

(Updated)
Pictures from the airport:
My bro-in-law took a picture of my niece and 'I'.Finally a decent shot:
Perth, nice and sunny but a bit chilly... Very chilly actually.

Australians are a friendly bunch of people (so far); all those I met have been the first to initiate conversations. Like this tanned, pretty (but) short girl who recently came back from Mumbai I met in the International airport. She asked me where I was from (I think she assumed I was from Mumbai too; she was the second to think that way, the first was the officer behind the counter). And we ended up talking about Mumbai and her experience and Perth and Singapore...

Second day in Melbourne now. Tonnes of pictures already...
Till then, later!

No comments: