Tuesday, December 2, 2008

On the first day in Melbourne...

After a quick nap (my plane landed at 5am, Ruzi, Rowds and I drove off for breakfast at Macs, and then reached Ruzi's place somewhere in the city), my tour guide, Raudhah took me to the Queen Victoria Market that very same afternoon.
Nice day, ay?
My tour guide... Rowds.
Did you know there are more camels in Australia than anywhere else in the world?
Afternoon tea... (notice the Melayu family behind... "Cik ade bende kat misai tu cik...")
Nice to shop, but too much for me to take it all in on the first day. Wait till its the last few days here, then someone will need to tie me on a leash...
After that, we walked around the city. Nice sunny day... :)
The famous tower in Melbourne Central. Frankly speaking, the only Australian architecture I have really came across in archi books are this, the CH2 and obviously the Sydney Opera House (its architect died very recently FYI, the late Jørn Utzon):
A tower conserved... Really nice to look at.
And shopping in Melbourne Central is not too bad itself.
More Melbourne cityscape.
The Library: Australians love to frolick on their green spaces... Then I met up with Ruzi again and another new friend, Miin! Had lunch and then drove back to Rowds's place somewhere from the city in the suburbs (30 minutes drive away?)... On the trip there:
One of Rowds's friends, Zul was throwing a BBQ party at their hostel.
Where we had the BBQ, really nice pavilion:
Where Rowds does her yoga too. She can't do this once she returns to Malaysia though...
They had a pool and a table tennis table... Just like my studio back in Singapore...
Night came and so the party started. Really nice to see all the Melayu faces in a foreign country.
Nasi goreng Zul and his guy friends cooked... not bad...
I love this shot. The 'paparazzi' shot. lmao:
From left; Ruzi, Noreen, Miin and Raudhah.
Noreen:
Raudhah:
Non: Ruzi:
I was happily making alot of new friends at the party... obviously Raudhah was feeling left out:
Raudhah: "What about me?"
Playing pool... Played a table tennis game called 'Donkey' where everyone takes turn to hit with just one bat on each side and then rotate around the table... The final two:
Twice in a row, Raudhah and Ruzi were the final two with each of them winning once.
Finito!
Thanks Zul and Hadi for the BBQ!

No comments: