Sunday, December 7, 2008

A day out with David Goei!

I was excited on the third day cause I was going to hang out with my army buddy David. He is currently studying in Melbourne too.

Rowds taking me to the city on the train.
Note to self: Fashion mistake number one, too many accesories for a guy.
Too early and too long a ride, this is what you get...:
So while Rowds had lunch with Ruzi at Melbourne Central, David took me to Lygon near Little Italy:
This is Da Wei!!!
Had a fantastic 'lunch' at Koko Black:
Mousse Martini and Iced Chocolate:
YUMMY!:
Nice place to chill out:
Then it was his turn to take me around the city. How to satisfy the tourist in me? Just show me architecture and nature, I told him; I can be easily pleased.
I love brick architecture by the way.
This is the Royal Exhibition Building, a really nice basilica-Florence-Cathedral-like building:
Its beside the Melbourne Museum: Nice dome:
Me with David's scooter that he uses to go around in the city:
He told me that his university, Melbourne Uni uses this for his exam venues; so this building strikes 'fear' in the students rather.
Nice park, the Carlton Gardens, in front:
David had to go off to catch a movie and I met Rowds again at Melbourne Square.
Bourke Street, Rowds favourite place:
Ran into Miin and her friend:
Chinatown:
The sustainable Council House 2 a.k.a. CH2; mentioned many times in my Sustainable Architecture module as an example:
Lourved facades, water wall... and... ermm... many other 'green' features:
St Pauls Cathedral:
Flinders Street Station:
Federation Square, quite happening: Got time to pose... They had a mini-street soccer 'world cup'. Almost all countries were represented (Singapore was disappointingly missing). There was one match between Cambodia and Scotland (I think), and the Cambodian representatives looked barely past mid-teens and the Europeans were huge thirty-year-olds and they trashed the poor Cambodians 10 to 1.
Rowds and I again...:
Went back to Bourke Street to have dinner with Ruzi:
Afer that we went back, and Rowds showed me around Monash University campus:
That's it! We had to rest early cause we had an early flight to Sydney the next day!

No comments: